There are quite a few special events being planned. If you like fundraising and are a people-person, give us a call. We'd love to have you help us in any way you can in our annual fundraising events like Turkey Trot, which takes place each October!
Of course, we are always looking for able-bodied folks to help with food drive pick-ups. If you like being out in the community, please call our staff to see how you can help.
Prodisee Pantry is staffed almost 100% by volunteers. Our client base continues to grow and, therefore, so does our need for additional volunteers to handle this increase. Here's a look at a typical week at Prodisee Pantry:
- Monday: Basic workday when volunteers unload a produce truck full of tons of food, sort, shelve & pre-box food items. Unload truck from 8 - 9:30 am & general work from 8:30 -10 am.
- Tuesday: "Distribution Day" - greeting families, filing applications, interviewing clients, bagging & boxing groceries, stocking shelves, assisting clients to their cars & securing community support through contributions of food items &/or cash donations. Typically 8:30am to Noon.
- Wednesday: General work night, hours 5:30pm - 6:30pm.
- Thursday: Unload additional food trucks, approximately 8 - 10am.
- Weekdays: Front office/secretarial assistance, weekdays 8:30am - 4pm, with various/multiple shifts available.
All volunteers must have a 2021 Volunteer Application and Waver completed, signed and on file before starting work. Please read our 2021 Volunteer Policies and Procedures as well.
For more information on how you can help, call or email us at 251-626-1720 or email@example.com.